Monday, February 22, 2010

The Way of Jesus (2/22/10)

This year I have been attending a Bible study at church entitled "Seeing Jesus." We have been working our way through John's Gospel. Yesterday we were going through John 14, where Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Me" (Jn 14:6). As I was reading it, the following thought came to my mind and heart:

"This, then, is our Way in Christ. We follow Him in obedience by faith through love. Christ, in turn, loves us and shows us the Truth, which is in Him. In His Truth is freedom, freedom to live life to the fullest, to live life abundantly!" (Jn 8:31-32; 10:10; 14:6-7, 15, 21, 23).

I shared this with the class and our teacher shared a similar quote:


Follow thou me. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. Without the Way, there is no going; without the Truth, there is no knowing; without the Life, there is no living. I am the Way thou must follow; the Truth thou must believe; the Life for which thou must hope. I am the inviolable Way; the infallible Truth; the never-ending Life. I am the straightest Life; the sovereign Truth; Life, true Life, Life blessed, Life uncreated. (Thomas A. Kempis, Imitation of Christ)

Let us, therefore, walk in His footsteps, just as Jesus has shown us. Amen.

No comments: