Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sharing My Life (02/07/10): A vision of what may come . . .

Some of you have been with me long enough to know I have recently received a bit of clarity about my future in God’s kingdom. A mentor of mine, Greg Bourgond, recently helped me complete my Personal Life Mandate(PLM). If you’re receiving this via email, just click the link above and it will bring you to the proper page in my blog. Otherwise, just go to my blog (ww.mjwillard.blogspot.com) and search for it using the search box in the upper left-hand corner. Anyway, part of that PLM was a vision for the future entitled “Ultimate Contribution.” One of the reasons I elected to go into Argosy’s DMFT program is because along with giving me most of what I need to get a Marriage and Family Therapy license, it also helps students prepare to both supervise and teach future therapists. Part of my vision is not just to be a therapist who helps struggling people to find their full potential in Christ. It is also to equip and train others to do the same. I have always desired to learn things not just for the sake of knowledge, but to share that knowledge with those around me. By becoming a therapist and possibly a trainer of therapists, I hope to help fan the flame that exists in the hearts of those I work with. That flame which Christ first ignited in them and longs for them to share. In fanning the flame I desire to see a passion for knowing and sharing God’s love in all those around me.

No comments: