Sunday, October 04, 2009

Meaningful Words (10/04/09)

So, what story(ies) are you living in? Is it leading to the conclusion that you want?  Really? Poems, like stories, can bring to light the truths laid deep in our hearts. Here are a few that speak to me of good things to be a part of: 

Homeless Kids
Their eyes stare at you with sadness,
As they look at you through their half-priced glasses.
How can you say she’s a nuisance?
How can you say he doesn’t exist?
What is this mess?
Is there distress?

Who can wash the tears from their eyes?
Listen to their good-byes?
He can, He can
Yes, Jesus can.

Worthy
Who am I?
Did He really have to die?
For me, to live?
Am I worth the blood?
Am I worth the pain?

I look up to Heaven for an answer.
And He turns to me.
And says:
“My child, you’re worth it all!”

This Cross
I wear this cross around my neck to remind me
To remind me that I am no longer my own
To remind me that I have been bought with a price
To remind me that 2,000 years ago He died in my place
He took the blame that should have been mine
He took the pain that should have been mine
Every bad thought that goes through my head
Every terrible deed that I take part in
Every sin that I commit
Was summed up in those six hours He spent dying on this cross.

This cross reminds me that I have a Savior
No longer must I go it alone
This cross reminds me that I have a Father
No longer must I be a prodigal son
This cross reminds me that I have a family
No longer am I the only one

This cross reminds me of a Man who cared.
He cared for the homeless
He cared for the lonely
He cared for the brokenhearted
He cared for those without a heart
He cared for those society tears apart
He cared for sinners like you and me
He cared for everyone that we do and do not see.
He cared and He still cares

This cross stands for grace
Of greater worth than any gold
This cross stands for mercy
Enough to cover the greatest of sinners a hundred times over
This cross stands for strength
His made perfect in our weakness
This cross stands for power
An immeasurable amount to awesome to even comprehend
This cross stands for love
Unlike any ever imagined or seen
This cross stands for compassion
To receive back a wayward soul that cost Him His own life.
This cross stands for Jesus, my Savior and my Lord!

My friends, it has been good to share with you once more! Thank you for staying with me thus far. Feel free to reply back to this message with comments, news and prayers of your own. It is always good to hear from my brothers and sisters in Christ and from each of you. May God continue to shower His many blessings upon you!

No comments: