Monday, November 16, 2009

Life Update (11/15/09): Some Things Change . . .

I have passed the halfway point in my second quarter at Capella and the homework is mounting. Four more weeks to go and I have two major papers left to write. The main drawback I am finding in going to school online is that it means spending much time home in front of my computer, plus, as I mentioned to a fellow employee, there’s no class time or class work. It’s all homework. As the months progress, I really miss the one-to-one interaction with my classmates that I got at Bethel and Gordon. There’s part of me that’s really thinking of transferring to an on campus school in the coming quarters. Saint Cloud State has a program much like the one I’m currently in with Capella. There’s also Argosy University down in Florida. With them I would do much of my work here in MN and go there for a two-week intensive every quarter. We will see how it all develops.

Work continues on. I have yet to hear back from Human Resources about my driving privileges, so I continue to work mainly as a PCA. One of the clients that I work with was finally able to buy and move into a home of his own. He has a six member family including children and grandchildren and they all wanted to live together. I have been working with them for over a year now trying to find them a home and am relieved to know that is done and we can move on to other goals.

Coincidently, I may need to do some house hunting of my own one of these days. Mark, my current roommate and landlord, may be getting engaged soon. That would mean I would need to move out. I have been renting in different places now, so the time may be at hand for me to finally buy a place of my own. The question is where. My folks would be glad to have me move down to Florida and I could take my work with Capella down there with me. On the other hand, I have gotten quite attached to my friends, church and current employer here, so it might behoove me to stay.  I will probably be talking with the realtor who helped the family I mentioned above find their place soon. We shall see. Prayers always appreciated.

No comments: