Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Friends of God

Over the past week I have become increasingly thankful for the friends God has surrounded me with. I have come to see them as Faithful Reminders In Ever Dependent Service of God. Yes, that was an intentional anacronym. My friends are those who know me best, even better than myself at times, yet still love and enjoy being around me. The same can be said of my relationship with them. In that sense, we are living reminders to each other of all that we see in God. In our relationships to each other, we can also be to the world a visible living reminder of God's loving and faithful presence. Doesn't John say as much in his first epistle (1Jn 4:20)? Let us love each other than as Christ has loved us. Let us be the living reminders that God made us to be!

No comments: