Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sharing My Life (6/21/09): Trusting in God

About a month or so ago, my Dad asked me what I thought Jesus would say to this current world. How would He call this current generation to seek Him? Would He tell them of their sin and that they need to pursue righteousness? What do sin and righteousness look like these days? In my experience, Jesus approaches people based on their needs. While I cannot speak for everyone in this world, I can say how this has worked in my own life.

At this point in my life, one of my most pressing needs is peace. Busyness plagues our society in so many ways. I now have school, work, social life, recovery and other things all vying for my attention and in the midst of it all I desire to have a vibrant relationship with God. Each thing in my life requires my full attention to attend to it well, yet how do I balance it all. The truth is I cannot; nor was I ever meant to. I am convinced that God constantly sends more our way than we can handle. He does this not to overwhelm and punish us, but to drive us to Him. It is only within my relationship with God that I can ever hope to manage the beautiful mess of my life. He is the One ultimately in control anyway, so it only stands to reason that if I to have balance in my life, I need to abide in Him. Learning to abide in Him daily. There in lies my peace!

No comments: