Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life Update (6/21/09): Back to School

Following my application denial from Bethel Seminary’s MFT program, I decided to pursue my options elsewhere. In looking at various degree programs and state licensure requirements. I discovered that while getting a graduate certificate would allow me to get licensed here in Minnesota. However, if I ever wanted to practice anywhere else, like Florida to be closer to my folks, I would need still further training. What I really needed to do was to go ahead and get a second Master’s in Counseling. It was even better the school was accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and had a program that could fit my schedule as an ILS Worker. I found all of that with Capella University’s Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling. Capella is an online university that is fully accredited by CACREP and the Higher Learning Commission. Currently I am enrolled in Survey of Research in Human Development and classes have been in session for a couple weeks now. So far, it’s going all right.

No comments: