Sunday, December 07, 2008

Life Update (12/7/08): Waiting

Throughout this past month I have been prayerfully seeking God’s will for my life and as I have listened, the message I continually get back is “Stay where you are and wait.” What I believe that means is that God desires me to stay in Minnesota, working with Accessible Space, Inc. and that He still has work to do in and through me here. As one might imagine, I find this word both encouraging and disappointing. While it is encouraging to know that God is working in and through my life in my current context of being an Independent Living Skills (ILS) Worker, at times I find myself yearning for more.

Yet, even in this time of waiting and preparation, I know I am still exactly where God needs me to be at this point in time. This enables me to enjoy His work in and through me in the present, and learn to live at His pace. One of the lessons God is continuing to teach me is that life in Him is not found in looking back and lamenting about what could have been or in looking forward and dreaming about what could be in the future. God is right here with me, right now and He longs for me to be with him right here in this present moment.

1 comment:

Cross Campus Ministry said...

This reminds me of a song titled bloom where you are planted.
nice blog thanks