Monday, November 03, 2008

Sharing My Life (11/3/08): Seeking Joy

Yesterday I was reading in Ecclesiastes 9 and came to verse 7 which reads, “Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do.” This reminded me of how often I approach my life with God thinking of what I should and shouldn’t do instead of hearing what He is inviting me into. Jesus called his disciples into the abundant life (John 10:10) and that is the same life He is inviting us into today. God does not ask my obedience because He needs it or will punish me if I misbehave. He asks it because in following His way I am living life the way I was meant to. True joy is found not in having the most money, power or love, but in living fully the life God is calling me to. This is the joy I am seeking and trying to envision what it means to pursue. Your prayers continued to be appreciated.

No comments: