Monday, November 03, 2008

Life Update (11/3/08): Seeking Vision

Wow, has it really already been three months since last I wrote you all? So much has happened in that time. The most major event was my folks month long visit with me. They came to see me and to also support me in my continued journey of recovery. Through working with each other and my counselor, we came to a much deeper understanding of each other and how we could help each other continue to develop.

In addition, my job has become a lot more demanding as of late. I have about ten clients these days with increasingly complex issues to work with. Try as I do to work with them to accomplish all that needs to get done, the stress is beginning to get to me. It doesn’t help that in most cases, my clients choose to talk to my supervisors about their problems, instead of me. Fortunately, my supervisors understand that I am doing my best and am continuing to learn how to work with each of my clients according to their needs and abilities. At times I wonder if this job really is a good fit for me.

Part of my recovery journey these days has been to try and envision what it means to live a healthy life in Christ and prayerfully talk with others and God about how I can enter into that kind of life. One part of that which I really struggle with is finding a job and career I can really feel fulfilled and utilized in. I would like to be in a position which uses most of my gifts and abilities and one in which I can really make an impact in people’s lives. Though I do feel this at times in my current position, there are also times when I prayerfully ask God, “ Is this what You would have me do, really?”

No comments: