Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sharing My Life (9/4/08) : Resting in God's Love and Acceptance

The past few weeks have really been busy ones in both my personal; and professional life. There was the move, all the packing and unpacking that went into that, working on housing with some of my clients, working through scheduling changes and conflicts with them, gaining new clients, the list goes on. In the midst of all that, I had a growing sense of how busy my life was becoming; not just with all the clients I have, but with all the other things I'm involved with as well: recovery work, character work with my Focus of the Warrior Group, church involvement with multiple congregations, that list could probably go on as well. I could feel all these things seeking to speak into my life, yet not all were speaking life into me. This was brought into clearer light by John's Eldrige's latest book, Walking with God. I just started listening to it on CD a few days ago and have really felt God using it powerfully in my heart life.

Yesterday I felt God really speaking to me about how I let others have a say in my life and at the same time how I resent them when they try to control it, or rather when I sense that they are trying to control it.That night as I was heading home after a long day at work and in life, I felt God inviting me to take time tonight and let Him minister to me in His Word. I had been so busy the past couple days, I had totally skipped over my usually morning devotional time. Anyway, I got home, sat down and read Psalms 103 & 139. As I had been praying during the ride back, those were the passages that kept coming to mind.

Reading through them I was drawn to Psalm 103: 8 " The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love." and Palm 139: 1-5,

"O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head."

Through those two passages, I felt God showing me how deeply known and loved I am, and inviting me to trust in that love and knowledge. I thanked the Lord for that revelation and asked Him to continually remind me of that truth. I also ask each you to do so as well, as you feel led. Remind me again and again how deeply and intimately I and known and loved. For it is something I know I will forget amidst the hustle and bustle of my life and something our enemy, Satan, does not want me to remember. Thank you for letting me share that with you.

No comments: