Sunday, December 03, 2006

Set in motion

My deepest apologies for the two-month delay in writing all of you. As you might imagine, what with two jobs, trying to have a social life and working towards ordination, my life has been a bit hectic as of late. But fear not, I bring you tidings of great joy ;-) This coming Tuesday (12/5/06) I will be meeting with the Elder Board at Calvary to gain their sponsorship for my ordination. The next step after that will be a meeting with Baptist General Conference’s Ministerial Guidance Committee, which should happen early on in the New Year. Then Calvary will assemble an Ordination Council consisting of pastors and ministers from their staff and that of other surrounding churches which will convene for, what my Associate Pastor called, a “two-hour grilling session.” If you are a pastor who receives this newsletter and would be interested in serving on that council, just let me know and I will pass your name to my Associate Pastor there who is assembling the council. Thanks!

Things are still going fine at St. John’s and Accessible Space, Inc. It’s hard to believe I have already been here for six months. By the way, I know Christmas is around the corner and a number of you may be wondering what to get me. If not, that’s fine too. For those that are, I have decided to post my wish list via Froogle this year. If you want to see it, just go to my Profile here and then click on the link for my “wish list” there. If you’re still at a loss, cash always works or gift certificates to Amazon.com or Christian Book Distributors . Thank you in advance!

No comments: