Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Life Update (6/28/06)

Getting settled back down in the Cities is still going a bit slow. I am now working "regular" hours with both jobs and find it's keeping me pretty busy. My Chaplain's job with St. John's takes up all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoon. Accessible Space Inc. employs me as a personal Care Attendant Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evenings. In addition, starting next month, I'll be working Fridays as the On-Call Chaplain for all of HealthEast. That's the health network St. John's is part of. That leaves me with Tuesday as the only day I don't have to work either job. As you might imagine, it keeps me pretty busy.

I'm also still working out where I will be attending church on a regular basis. My hours with St. John's on Sunday begin at noon, so that sort of minimizes my ability to attend certain worship services. To further complicate matters, because of my chaplaincy requirements I find myself kind of having to be a "church-shopper with an edge." I'm not just looking for a church where I can attend on a regular basis, I want one where I can become actively involved and even hopefully work towards ordination. Even if it takes a few years, I'm willing to invest that into a church, if they are able to invest back into me. I do hope to find such a church soon.

By the way, as you may have noticed this month I thought I'd try posting my monthly updates in smaller pieces to make it more accessible on my blog site. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Roland said...

1) I like the smaller chunks. Keep them.
2) I sent those nice pictures of Grant to Brad. It was fun to add my own tag lines.
3) We are going to the Door on Saturday night. See you there?
4) Any church would be privileged to have you. I hope you find one soon.

Roland said...

And you know what.
Update your links that "What's life about" one doesn't work.
And mine isn't even there.
*sniff*
*sob*
Waaaaaaahhhhhh!

Sorry. I'll stop now. ;)

Unknown said...

broken link fixed and renamed.

Unknown said...

Yes, I think I'll be at the Door on Saturday. It will be nice to see you guys again!

Roland said...

Thanks for the link update :)
We'll probably sit in the "usual" area near the back because of the kids.