Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life Update (06/12/10): Moving Again


            As of Memorial Day weekend, I have moved from Maple Grove, MN to Minneapolis, MN.  Both my phone number and email address remain the same.  In other news, I have now begun my second semester at Argosy University.  This past Thursday I spent most of the day at a Conference for the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP), where I got to hear from James Bitter, a leading psychologist in the field.  One of the most compelling ideas I came away with was that therapy is not about fixing marital issues or changing individual behavior. It is about helping the client to understand where others are coming from and enabling them to work out their own issues. Behavior may certainly change and marital issues may indeed lesson, but that is because of the work the client(s) put into therapy, not the individual therapist. 

No comments: