Monday, August 10, 2009

Life Update (8/10/09): New Developments

Much has happened since last I wrote you all. For one, I am currently finishing up my first course at Capella University. It was a Survey in Human Development and it looks like I have done well so far, all A’s on my assignments and discussions. Going to school online has taken a bit of getting used to. All interaction between students and the professor happens online through Capella’s Blackboard. Lectures and student interaction happens through Discussion Board posts and replies. All assignments are handed in via attachment. While I appreciate the flexibility that online education offers me, I do miss the personal interaction between my professor and my fellow students. We will see how things shape up over the next few months as I get into further courses with them.

In addition, there’s been a bit of an unexpected change in my work with Accessible Space, Inc. Towards the end of July, I got a letter from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) informing me that I had amassed 5 traffic violations over the past 2 years and that, accordingly, my Driver’s License would be suspended for the next month. I informed my supervisor of this news and after consulting with others on staff; she told me that my driving privileges with the company would also now be suspended, meaning that I would no longer be allowed to drive clients around. I did get a work permit that allowed me to drive to client’s residences and work with them there. As a result, I ended up having to hand the majority of my clients over to another worker and take on some shifts as a Personal Care Attendant. The upside of this is that it affords me more time to do course work for Capella University.

One last new development; a month or so ago, I completed Greg Bourgond’s Focus of a Warrior spiritual development course and will soon be posting my Personal Life Mandate, which that course helped me complete. During that course, Greg mentioned that he would be doing several workshops in Romania towards the end of this month and invited the men to come along. I accepted the invitation and will be heading there on August 22, 2009 to return on August 31, 2009. My folks will be meeting me at the airport when I return and they will be spending September visiting with me here in Minnesota. Your prayers regarding all of this are always greatly appreciated!

No comments: