Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Life Update (5/1/07): Some Things Change . . .

In some ways my life has changed a bit over the past month or so. Then, in some ways, it’s still the same. About a month or so ago, my parents offered to finance me going into chaplaincy full-time. I took them up on that offer and quitting my PCA job. That enables me to do some volunteer chaplaincy work at St. Joseph’s in their Chemical Dependency Dept. while continuing to work for St. John’s, thus broadening my chaplaincy experience. At the same time I also resubmitted my papers to the BGC’s Ministerial Guidance Committee and got the go ahead to proceed to my church’s Ordination Council. So, my pastors are now reading through my papers and will soon meet with the Church Board and then convene the Ordination Council. If I get through that whole process, then the actual service will probably be sometime this Fall, I think. So, these days my life is still pretty busy, it’s just busy with different things.

No comments: